Tom Boonen is on Twitter!
Big news of the day - you can now follow Tommeke on his website (http://www.tomboonen.be) as well as on Twitter: @tomboonen1
Catching up with Greg Brown
How is Greg doing on his week long journey to ride every stage of the Amgen Tour of California as part of the CTS Amgen Tour of California Race Experience group? Fine. The team of riders have successfully completed 3 stages. Wednesday the group heads into a long ride to Clovis, CA with lots of climbs. The best coverage of their journey so far comes a teammate of Greg's, Canadian Alain Lambert, who is posting on his blog titled Sharing the Passion. View images and read their story and see their daily schedule on Alain's blog: Tour Of California Starts In the Morning: “What a difference a year makes”, Stage 1: Santa Rosa to Santa Rosa: “Wow", Stage 2: San Francisco to Santa Cruz County, and Stage 3: San Jose to Livermore. (Read more about Greg Brown and CTS)
- Amgen Leader Jersey – Peter Sagan (SVK), Liquigas-Cannondale (ITA)
- Nissan King of the Mountain Jersey – Sébastian Salas (USA), Optum Powered by Kelly Benefit Strategies (USA)
- Visit California Sprint Jersey – Peter Sagan (SVK), Liquigas-Cannondale (ITA) (Heinrich Haussler (AUS), Garmin-Barracuda (USA) will wear the green Visit California Sprint Jersey tomorrow since Peter Sagan cannot wear three jerseys)
- Rabobank Best Young Rider Jersey – Peter Sagan (SVK), Liquigas-Cannondale (ITA) (Josh Atkins (NZL), Bontrager Livestrong Team (USA) will wear the Robobank Best Young Rider Jersey tomorrow since Peter Sagan cannot wear three jerseys)
- Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer® Most Courageous Rider Jersey – Wilson Marentes Torres (COL), Colombia-Coldeportes (COL)
- Exergy Most Aggressive Rider Jersey – Jeremy Vennell (NZL), Bissell Pro Cycling (USA)
Tomorrow Stage 4, a long 130.2 miles from Sonora to Clovis down the heartland of California with 10,366ft of elevation gain. If Peter Sagan wins this stage I will be amazed.
|2012 Amgen Tour of California route map|