For all those who enjoy watching cycling on TV to watch the beautiful scenery roll by on a HD TV screen, or to imagine cycling or driving along a road other than the one out your front door. Tune in, the announcers always seem to make the state of California (my home state) sound and look amazing. For all those who plan to come out for a day, or several days to watch the tour as a fan, remember every single one of you matters in supporting this race, and every single one of you will be in the best place to see the race. It is the known phenomenon of being a cycling fan.
"We were at the best place"
The most common comment I hear from fans after a race is they were in the best place to see the race. Every one. They might have been at the start, on a mountain, sitting under a tent with a BBQ grill roadside, in a VIP area, at the finish line, or waiting outside a team bus for an hour for that one glimpse of George Hincapie. But they swear they were in the best place on race day. Come to the race, make it your own, whatever experience you have will be an excellent one.
Here are our race viewing options for 2012 Amgen Tour of California:
- TV: NBS Sports Network: 2pm (PDT) Sunday -Friday, 4pm Saturday. NBC Sports 10am Sunday. Amgen Tour of California schedule of TV coverage
- Online: Eurosport - please check for links to live video on Steephill.TV/TOC or on ProCyclingLive
- RadioShack Tour Tracker: radioshacktourtracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com Video coverage last 2 hours before finish but online coverage of race progress from start to finish
- App Tour Tracker: Download Tour Tracker Amgen Tour of California app for Apple iTunes. iPad gadget. Android app
- Live written updates: Tour Tracker, and also on CyclingNews.com (from the start to the finish with commnetary by Charles Pelkey) at Amgen Tour of California 2012 scroll down and select Live Coverage Now from the left column under each Stage number.
- Twitter: @AmgenTourofCali or @opqscyclingteam or @podium_live or @cyclingnewsfeed
- Find the links to each teams FB page on the team websites listed below
- Pedal Dancer @karenrake
- Frankie Andreu for @BicyclingMag
- @nealrogers @matthewcbeaudin @vnphotobrad @nicklegan for VeloNews
- Daniel @cyclingreporter
- Sean Weide @sweide
|Photo by Omega Pharma-Quickstep team via Twitter|