|Leader jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|Sprint jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|KOM jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|Best Young Rider jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|Most Aggressive Rider jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|Breakaway from Cancer Most Courageous Jersey - 2012 Amgen Tour of California|
|2012 ATOC team jerseys|
Hincapie cycling apparel
|George, Ricardo, and Rich Hincapie Photo from the Hincapie website|
|Thor Hushovd in the Arenberg Forest in February 2012 Photo by Blandine Roquelet|
- George's father, Ricardo Hincapie, moved to the United States from Columbia in 1960.
- George's first race win was at the Skippy Peanut Butter Classic in 1983.
- Rich Hincapie started Hincapie Sports in 1998.
- The Hincapie factory in Medellin, Colombia, has been run by George and Rich’s aunt and uncle, Marie and Jorge Hincapie since 2003.
- Hincapie also outfits the Columbian South American team Gobernación de Antioquia - Antioquia Indeportes.
- George's wife, Mélanie (Simonneau) Hincapie, can be seen modeling some of the women's line of Hincapie clothing. Mélanie's career was modeling at the time she met George at the 2003 Tour de France as a podium girl (hôtesse Crédit Lyonnais).
- If George rides his 17th Tour of Flanders in 2012, he will set the record for most De Rondes raced, 2012 also marks his 17th Tour de France. George has competed in 5 Olympic games, and has been U.S. National Road Champion 3 times.
|Hincapie on the road to California Photo from the Hincapie Blog|
|Hincapie clothing at ATOC Photo by PedalDancer.com|
|George Hincapie and his Hincapie BMC clothing at the 2011 ATOC Photo by PedalDancer.com|
Buy the 2012 Tour of California jerseys
Buy Hincapie cycling apparel (really great jackets!).
In fact if you look back at pictures of the 2010 Tour of Flanders you'll notice Lance Armstrong and some of his teammates wearing Hincapie rain jackets. The inside story is that on the morning of the race, in pouring rain, Armstrong went to see his friend to ask for the jackets. Hincapie sold Armstrong the jackets for retail.
|Lance Armstrong 2010 Tour of Flanders in Hincapie Sports eVent|
Photo by Frites en Mayo Velo Club
|A very good quality Hincapie jacket at Interbike 2011 Photo by PedalDancer.com|
|George at Interbike 2011 promoting the Hincapie brand of apparel|