By way of CyclingTips today comes this recommended viewing video from GCN listing the top 10 Cyclosportifs and Gran Fondos in the world. I have to say I fully agree with this list. These are the events that come closest to allowing amateur cyclists to feel what the pros endure on any given stage. They are true challenges, and I am sure there is some fool out there trying to conquer all ten.
Video link : Top 10 Best Sportives And Gran Fondos To Cycle In The World. By GCN
What are the top cyclotourist rides - although they are more like races!
- Etape du Tour, Annecy, France - 130km: July 7, 2013
- Haute Route, Geneva-Nice, 7 days (with time trial) - 866km (also in Pyrenees)
- La Marmotte, Central Alps - 174km: July 6, 2013
- Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini, Italy - 151km: June 2, 2013
- Paris-Roubaix, France - 212km: April 6, 2013
- Mallorca 312, Spain - 312km: April 27, 2013
- Ronde van Vlaanderen Cyclo, Flanders, Belgium - 140km: March 3, 2013
- Wiggle Dragon Ride, South Wales, UK - 216km: June 9, 2013
- Levi's Gran Fondo, Ca1ifornia, USA - 165km: October 5, 2013
- Scody 3 Peaks Challenge, Victoria, Australia, 235km: March 10, 2013
- You too can race the cobbles
- Cyclosportives - you can do it!
- 2012 Ronde van Vlaanderen for cyclotourists
- 2012 l'Étape du Tour Mondovelo
- L'Etape du California is back for 2012
- Levi's GranFondo 2011
- The best climbs in Europe in the Grand Tours
- Fast Freddie Gran Fondo, and a New Champion 2013